Institutional Analytics will be the trusted source for institutional data and analyses that empowers organizational success and informs decisions.
To serve Indiana University, its campuses, and its constituents by providing leadership for the development, use, and management of institutional data resources. We accomplish this by:
- Establishing partnerships and collaborations with constituents to enhance and align information resources;
- Providing high-quality, timely, and actionable information;
- Supporting executive and operational decisions utilizing institutional data assets;
- Responding to external requests for data for the purposes of compliance to federal and state requirements, and accreditations for the campuses as well as for academic programs. Other external requests include surveys such as US and international rankings, that shape the reputation or status of the institution;
- Providing leadership, vision and technical expertise for the curation and utilization of institutional data assets, reporting tools, and infrastructure;
- Performing evaluation and assessment activities that support institutional planning processes;
- Collecting data through quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Providing innovative research and analytics to enhance institutional effectiveness;
- Promoting a culture of data literacy and the ethical use of institutional data;
We will operate with the following values:
- Customer Service – We strive to provide timely and transparent responses to questions and/or requests. We will engage with our constituents in a collaborative and professional manner to ensure successful, efficient, and effective outcomes.
- Data Stewardship: - We value the transparent and parsimonious curation of informational sources that promote data literacy, credibility, and reliability. We value accessibility and recognize the important relationship between data provisioning and literacy, thus enabling transformational knowledge for decision making. We intentionally engineer consumer-oriented data solutions to support accurate, timely, sharable and documented outcomes.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We will foster a work environment that is culturally responsive and inclusive. We will continuously improve our reporting and analytic practices that take into account the increasingly diverse student, faculty, and staff populations we serve.
- Innovation and Creativity – We will explore opportunities for innovations that will enhance our work. We will promote and highlight examples of innovation and creativity within Institutional Analytics as well to relevant external audiences including the student, faculty, and staff populations we serve.
- Integrity and professional development – We will act with a high degree of both personal and professional integrity in our work, communications, and interactions with constituents. We will strive not only to provide professional development opportunities for our staff, but we will encourage each other through mutual respect.